Monday, July 5, 2010

Lesson I learnt....




The Story Continues.............


On my way to office today in the hustle bustle of our very own local train. Two little kids caught my attention amidst the crowd of more than 100 passengers. The kids (a boy and a girl) were approximately 4 year old, the guy was quite mischievous and the girl fairly shy. The boy was trying to teach this girl alphabets and numeric and the girl of same age was trying to grasp it. I noticed a pattern with this boy, whenever he forgot few letters or numeric he started scolding the girl that she was not paying attention while trying to count on his fingers what the next letter is.


I noticed this few times and it buzzed me to my 1st message:-
DON'T REACT WHEN PEOPLE CRITICISE IT MAY BE POSSIBLE THAT THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO HIDE THEIR INEFFICIENCY/FAULT.


I found this interesting and I continued listening to their conversation the boy started to spell and pronounce a word on a sign board which spelt as "PAY" which he pronounced as "P-a-wai".
You may found it very stupid but this got me to my 2nd message:-


EVERY INDIVIDUAL IS UNIQUE AND HAS ITS OWN SPECIAL ESSENCE BUT WHILE YOU ARE IN A GROUP/TEAM, YOU NEED TO CONTRIBUTE YOURSELF IN A WAY THAT YOU BRING A NEW VALUE/MEANING TO IT WITHOUT LOOSING YOUR OWN IDENTITY.


This journey of 15 minutes with these unknown kids got me this 2 valuable lessons which I will try to remember and practice everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment